Protecting Your Privacy
PurpleLink is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. PurpleLink is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that PurpleLink is required to communicate to its customers. PurpleLink recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by PurpleLink may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your PurpleLink username or password. PurpleLink also holds details of your PurpleLink services (including their status).If you choose not to provide certain personal information, PurpleLink may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which PurpleLink prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to PurpleLink (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, PurpleLink relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to PurpleLink and to advise them that PurpleLink can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How we collect personal information
PurpleLink collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through PurpleLink websites (e.g. during www.purplelink.com.au registration);
- from third parties such as PurpleLink’s related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- in response to a survey, contest or sweepstakes;
- from the organisations identified below under ‘When PurpleLink discloses your personal information’;
- from PurpleLink’s own records of how you use your PurpleLink services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to PurpleLink’s current services;
- offer you and provide additional PurpleLink or related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop PurpleLink’s services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for PurpleLink to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop PurpleLink business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that PurpleLink can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). PurpleLink does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish PurpleLink to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call +61 4 8133 6673.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, PurpleLink will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to opt-out by selecting this option in the email.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, PurpleLink may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of PurpleLink. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to PurpleLink providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out PurpleLink’s:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
PurpleLink takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, PurpleLink may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- PurpleLink’s related companies;
- PurpleLink’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other information technology service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, PurpleLink may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes); and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
PurpleLink provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit PurpleLink’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists PurpleLink to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
PurpleLink may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for PurpleLink’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of PurpleLink’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. PurpleLink extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
PurpleLink also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. PurpleLink collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Our site uses Google AdSense to serve ads from Google and it’s partners based on your prior visit to our website or other websites on the internet. Google uses advertising cookies to serve these ads. You may opt-out of personalised advertising by changing your Ad Settings. For more information on how Google uses your data when you visit our site, please go to Google’s Partner Sites.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
PurpleLink takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why PurpleLink recommends that you:
- let PurpleLink know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep PurpleLink up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for security reasons sending an email to email@example.com
PurpleLink reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact PurpleLink on +61 4 8133 6673 between 9.00am and 5.00pm AEST, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PurpleLink Privacy Statement June 2021.
PurpleLink ABN 85 314 873 369